Have you ever had to go back and learn something of your own?

Little things but had a bug up my ass (better than in my brain, right RFK? 😐) and got the urge to Lear/re-learn Mr. Speed on guitar. The shifts and picking are not coming naturally with my playing style which makes it a good tune to practice for something new. Frustrating because it’s not overly-complicated but the fretting with timing is weird for me.

Yeah - that be me. I recall that I made that clip after a period of not even touching a guitar for 2-3 months. You know the feeling... feels so good to play again.
Still have my ‘87/‘88 (forget the year) custom soloist I use for Felony (band not charge lol) reunion shows and Charvel Model 3 (‘87) as my backup. Damn good guitars. Recently changed out pups on Model 3 to EMG active (retro ‘78s) on the Charvel. Jackson is still factory stock, J1200!Or something…actives. Charvel was a Metallic pedal in ‘87 and has patina’s to a beautiful cream now, metal flakes still visible in the right lighting. Here’s the Jackson but Charvel pics are on another device I guess 😞

IMG_0099.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks!

I've got a (roughly) 2014-15 San Dimas (the one in the video) and a newer SoCal. They both have Floyd's and stock emg p/u's. I have them set up to taste and put a FR titanium nut on the San Dimas which is a great guitar for the $$ I paid for it.

I dig both of those guitars and the precision feel that they provide. I play them a lot. But I'm primarily a strat and LP guy. Guitars that are a little less forgiving.

Still have my ‘87/‘88 (forget the year) custom soloist I use for Felony (band not charge lol) reunion shows and Charvel Model 3 (‘87) as my backup. Damn good guitars. Recently changed out pups on Model 3 to EMG active (retro ‘78s) on the Charvel. Jackson is still factory stock, J1200!Or something…actives. Charvel was a Metallic pedal in ‘87 and has patina’s to a beautiful cream now, metal flakes still visible in the right lighting. Here’s the Jackson but Charvel pics are on another device I guess 😞

View attachment 138754

Careful you don't put your eye out, kid!

JK, good action shot.

Back